MARRIED TO A FOOTBALL CLUB
Am married to you
All my life am thinking of you
I've never got a reason to shun you down
My dreams are, always to be your supporter.
I need no more than trophies from you
But all you can do, is to make embarrassed
with each season being a trophieless season.
I see good future in you
as your game is sex
the name of the team is great
your players are fantastic
and the stadium is gorgeous
but no trophy is with us.
Our rivals we no longer scare them
and they no longer respect us
but come to lure our den.
My jersey hangs on the wall
for I fear being laughed at
and watching you play makes me feel like getting ulcers.
I love you more than others
that's why all my life I have dedicated to you
we are a great club
and we can show them we still alive.
Lets make it a dream come true
for I believe in you.
Tonight it will be a great night.
FOREVER LOVE YOU ARSENAL
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (MARRIED TO A FOOTBALL CLUB by Cunningham Mbati )
- The Search, C J Browning
- Each Page Is A Door To Another Place, Curtlan Popo
- Truly Normal, Robert Eckstein
- Believing In Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- BEAUTY ONLY, hasmukh amathalal
- Passion Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'It is, what it is', Mae AC.
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)