MARRIED TO A FOOTBALL CLUB
Am married to you
All my life am thinking of you
I've never got a reason to shun you down
My dreams are, always to be your supporter.
I need no more than trophies from you
But all you can do, is to make embarrassed
with each season being a trophieless season.
I see good future in you
as your game is sex
the name of the team is great
your players are fantastic
and the stadium is gorgeous
but no trophy is with us.
Our rivals we no longer scare them
and they no longer respect us
but come to lure our den.
My jersey hangs on the wall
for I fear being laughed at
and watching you play makes me feel like getting ulcers.
I love you more than others
that's why all my life I have dedicated to you
we are a great club
and we can show them we still alive.
Lets make it a dream come true
for I believe in you.
Tonight it will be a great night.
FOREVER LOVE YOU ARSENAL
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (MARRIED TO A FOOTBALL CLUB by Cunningham Mbati )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi
(20 November 1916 - 10 July 2006)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad