marriage is a bond that a man and woman share
it is a commitment far beyond compare.
they both make a vow of everlasting love
made in front of the lord above.
they commit their hearts, body, and soul to each other.
in hopes that there will never be another.
they speak of the feelings that they have inside
a love that will last throughout all time.
their love is pure in heart and soul
it is a love that they must hold.
the first five years are always the toughest
while they get to know what each other is like
and in anger they will fight.
and say things that they don't mean.
but! in the long run you must see
that their love will forever be.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marriage by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo