I think I was happier when I was smoking
Gave me a bad taste
Too much black coffee
Doesn’t make for a good nervous system
But better than feeling down.
Smoking Marlboro red is
A middle finger
to the world
They cost too much.
That money could be used on paying my credit card bill
But then I’d miss them calling three times a day
So I think I will start smoking again
If only to hold myself to
Rourke, Madsen, Gibson, Sheen
The world is full of people
not to smoke.
I’d like a few more saying
Go ahead and smoke
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marlboro Reds by Denver Gabriel )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis