Maples Gentle Shade
Today as I sat in the maple's gentle shade
my life found pause as I watched them play
two tender souls enjoying summer's sun
no cares no worries just being young.
I smiled as I watched her run across the yard
my son in chase with the hose I left by the car
'I'll tell daddy' she yelled with glee in her voice
he looked my way before making his choice.
With soaked hair she wrestled the hose away
as she took her aim 'oh no' is all he could say
soon a slip and slide was made in the grass
oh so much fun for a young lad and lass.
In my shaded pause I savored the event
hearing their laughs and giggles abound
my heart was lifted and such joy was found
just taking the time to witness the moment.
Such a grand memory created in maple's cool shade
the day I paused life to watched them as they played.
© Joey Jones 6/11/13
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maples Gentle Shade by Joey Jones )
- When Whispers Death, Its Cruel Call!, Dr John Celes
- mother, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Say You It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burning, Spiritwind Wood
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)