Maples Gentle Shade
Today as I sat in the maple's gentle shade
my life found pause as I watched them play
two tender souls enjoying summer's sun
no cares no worries just being young.
I smiled as I watched her run across the yard
my son in chase with the hose I left by the car
'I'll tell daddy' she yelled with glee in her voice
he looked my way before making his choice.
With soaked hair she wrestled the hose away
as she took her aim 'oh no' is all he could say
soon a slip and slide was made in the grass
oh so much fun for a young lad and lass.
In my shaded pause I savored the event
hearing their laughs and giggles abound
my heart was lifted and such joy was found
just taking the time to witness the moment.
Such a grand memory created in maple's cool shade
the day I paused life to watched them as they played.
© Joey Jones 6/11/13
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maples Gentle Shade by Joey Jones )
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla