Why do the sun go quickly down
when I’m yet to feel this lively town?
Is it for the many wine with my kin
or does the earth now speed in spin?
Why must my eyes give up to slumber
when I still hardly remember
any hard job I have done?
Where have my agility gone?
What made the children so quiet?
Is it for the perfect pea diet?
Can they forever be this tranquil?
Can I ever dare bet they will?
Why crave for a lady's behind?
Can’t you see that love is blind?
Would you marry her if it was small?
Or would you hide your ring and stall?
Why do people fall in love?
What problem does it ever solve?
If they feel same way tomorrow
will it be deep inside the marrow?
Why do good people often see evil?
Why don't they always repel the devil?
They should have fairy tales sometimes
they should have oranges not limes.
When he left you why were you blue?
I can bet you don't have a damn clue.
Of what use was he to you anyway?
Why not let him go his freaking way?
Did he go to heaven when he slept?
Or did demons take him to the depth?
When I get to heaven I shall know
if he reaped same thing he did sow
Why do people gossip about people?
Why do they enjoy to cause such ripple?
It causes to their health much headache
do they ever consider such plaque?
Why do I now get often misinterpreted?
Like my childhood when I get interrupted?
Why can't people when I speak take note
if they know they must repeat my quote?
Why don’t schools get people satisfied
when they graduate and are certified?
They always want to get a higher one
but never made complete by none.
Ray Anyasi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MANY QUESTIONS by Ray Anyasi )
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
- Like our dream, Aftab Alam
- A puppet in times hand, Aftab Alam
- Nature's arts., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)