Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Mantras Originated How?
mantras originated in Vedic
tradition of India an essential
part of the Hindu tradition...
a contemporary customary
practice within Buddhism
Sikhism Jainism behold...
servant shaman overlaps
Buddhism eliminating ignorance
embracing life harmonies...
Sikhs embody qualities
of saint-soldier control internal
vices immerse in virtues...
path of non-violence
towards all living beings...
Buddhists in Tibet
carve mantras into rocks
as forms of meditation...
survive chants in religions
Sanskrit word mantra...
root man 'to think' manas
'mind' tra terms tools instruments
mind as 'instrument of thought'...
did not shaman also embrace
chanting speaking whispering
humming in drum repetitions...
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Comments about this poem (Mantras Originated How? by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra