Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) (16 November / Westport New Zealand)
Mantras Originated How?
mantras originated in Vedic
tradition of India an essential
part of the Hindu tradition...
a contemporary customary
practice within Buddhism
Sikhism Jainism behold...
servant shaman overlaps
Buddhism eliminating ignorance
embracing life harmonies...
Sikhs embody qualities
of saint-soldier control internal
vices immerse in virtues...
path of non-violence
towards all living beings...
Buddhists in Tibet
carve mantras into rocks
as forms of meditation...
survive chants in religions
Sanskrit word mantra...
root man 'to think' manas
'mind' tra terms tools instruments
mind as 'instrument of thought'...
did not shaman also embrace
chanting speaking whispering
humming in drum repetitions...
Poet Other Poems
- ‘Cubism’ Picasso
- “I Am Not A Terrorist” Sarah Palin
- 2008 Wall Street Crash
- 2011 Global Fish Extinction Crisis
- 2012 Austerity Keeps Spreading
- 22 Feb Not Saying Much Yet
- 22feb Universal SMS I Am Ok
- 23 Feb DAWN
- 23feb Dust Motes Settling Dust
- 23feb Earth Swells Into National Cry Mou...
- 23feb Many Miracles Near Misses
- 23feb Wait For Last Miracles Last Pocket...
- 23feb Which Is Worst?
- 23feb10 The Day After: Garden City
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright © Terence George Craddock