Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Mantras Originated How?
mantras originated in Vedic
tradition of India an essential
part of the Hindu tradition...
a contemporary customary
practice within Buddhism
Sikhism Jainism behold...
servant shaman overlaps
Buddhism eliminating ignorance
embracing life harmonies...
Sikhs embody qualities
of saint-soldier control internal
vices immerse in virtues...
path of non-violence
towards all living beings...
Buddhists in Tibet
carve mantras into rocks
as forms of meditation...
survive chants in religions
Sanskrit word mantra...
root man 'to think' manas
'mind' tra terms tools instruments
mind as 'instrument of thought'...
did not shaman also embrace
chanting speaking whispering
humming in drum repetitions...
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Comments about this poem (Mantras Originated How? by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- Fair And Equal World, Asghar Nazeer
- Really, it was, gajanan mishra
- Paradox, Paula Glynn
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- September, Charles Hancock
- Once Summer Comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With Dogs And Rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby