Veronica Murdoch Eaton
Mandela's Time! ! !
Mandela! Madiba! They cry out and shout your name,
the nation's people fear, their lives shan't ever be the same.
You were so loved by many and loathed by many too,
you did your crime, Mandela and also paid what was due.
Now Tata, it becomes our choice, of which of your paths we should tread,
the criminal one, or the one that I choose, of blessed peace instead.
For me personally, your life on this earth, I grew with lots to gain,
To be humble, compassionate and forgive, no matter what the pain.
Dear Lord, please let our country, fall back into a place of peace,
grant us love and harmony, leaving the ugly violence to cease.
Let us turn to the poem of Invictus, and remember to make it our goal,
we are the master of our fate, we are the captain of our soul.
Veronica Murdoch Eaton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So very sad! ! ! !
(Veronica Murdoch Eaton - 13 December 2013)
Comments about this poem (Mandela's Time! ! ! by Veronica Murdoch Eaton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui