Veronica Murdoch Eaton
Mandela's Time! ! !
Mandela! Madiba! They cry out and shout your name,
the nation's people fear, their lives shan't ever be the same.
You were so loved by many and loathed by many too,
you did your crime, Mandela and also paid what was due.
Now Tata, it becomes our choice, of which of your paths we should tread,
the criminal one, or the one that I choose, of blessed peace instead.
For me personally, your life on this earth, I grew with lots to gain,
To be humble, compassionate and forgive, no matter what the pain.
Dear Lord, please let our country, fall back into a place of peace,
grant us love and harmony, leaving the ugly violence to cease.
Let us turn to the poem of Invictus, and remember to make it our goal,
we are the master of our fate, we are the captain of our soul.
Veronica Murdoch Eaton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So very sad! ! ! !
(Veronica Murdoch Eaton - 13 December 2013)
Comments about this poem (Mandela's Time! ! ! by Veronica Murdoch Eaton )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Dream Variations, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Pictures And Portraits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lost Dream, Tony Adah
- Our Street., michael walker
- Dreams Of This Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Captured By Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remembering Beauty Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feeling Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Don't Know Who You Are, Vera Sidhwa
- Poet's Space, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Flower Puff was Given To Me, Vera Sidhwa