MAN vs. BEES
A night ago I saw a man catching
Bees to take honey from the hive
Caught he none but for honey he
Dived and dived and dived.
Evening descended, he got nothing except
Fat and even fatter bee stings!
Got he himself a net then,
He was now going for revenge!
I saw him in his battle for long,
Just when the clock struck ten
Kites, children and sun were gone but our
Lion, fighting the bees, refused to go to his den!
Men came and walked by,
Not that he even cared.
Opposite the bees he fought and forgot his
Pain. Just when he was going to win,
Queen bee came and stung him!
Ran he straight to his safe house,
Shut his door bolted it upright.
Tomorrow maybe, he will continue his fight!
Up in the morning he went again,
Vicious plans in his mind, but a
Worker had already removed the hive!
Xenophobia stuck him, in anger he
Yelled at the worker. He went home then
Zanier he became, he says, 'When will the bees come? When? '
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (MAN vs. BEES by Aditi Khandelwal )
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
- buckle up, bartender, Mandolyn ...
- For you, dee villa
- Simply Spoken My Ship, Heather Burns
- Love, dee villa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)