Mama's Secret Recipe
How honored I feel that you are my task
your need for me a chain of devotion
restricted by hidden fences!
Those missing years? all for the good, no matter how
unreal they seem!
You are who you are...and who you were at the time?
A passionate heart will light up the darkest dungeon
if governed by the discipline of the soul.
The hand, master of pleasure... will comfort the contrived
we are only human managed by the gifts bestowed upon us.
I have been looking back...Oh but now i'm looking forward
It is time! ...
That I had control of my incubation?
While the entire world slept, I met the warriors of the night drank in their taverns...reading aloud poems they had written for me.
Without shame! ...One or two demonstrated the sacred thrill
To their appetising words.
I have watched them fight-without-fear-for-the-living!
Am I the next chapter?
This is your story
Am I your prodigy?
Blessed with only the Truth in mind
With the sign of the cross...I knelt for my initiation
At the crossroads of my destiny.
14 June 2010
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mama's Secret Recipe by Martina Moriarty )
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns