Mama's Secret Recipe
How honored I feel that you are my task
your need for me a chain of devotion
restricted by hidden fences!
Those missing years? all for the good, no matter how
unreal they seem!
You are who you are...and who you were at the time?
A passionate heart will light up the darkest dungeon
if governed by the discipline of the soul.
The hand, master of pleasure... will comfort the contrived
we are only human managed by the gifts bestowed upon us.
I have been looking back...Oh but now i'm looking forward
It is time! ...
That I had control of my incubation?
While the entire world slept, I met the warriors of the night drank in their taverns...reading aloud poems they had written for me.
Without shame! ...One or two demonstrated the sacred thrill
To their appetising words.
I have watched them fight-without-fear-for-the-living!
Am I the next chapter?
This is your story
Am I your prodigy?
Blessed with only the Truth in mind
With the sign of the cross...I knelt for my initiation
At the crossroads of my destiny.
14 June 2010
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mama's Secret Recipe by Martina Moriarty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The World And Bud, Edgar Albert Guest
- What Makes An Artist, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Doctor, Edgar Albert Guest
- Along The Paths O' Glory, Edgar Albert Guest
- When My Ship Comes In, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Test, Edgar Albert Guest
- When An Old Man Gets To Thinking, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasing Dad, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Lesson From Golf, Edgar Albert Guest
- Man's Experience, Edgar Albert Guest