Maku - Lincoln Park Zoo
A black rhino, Maku's the name.
Not really black, more reddish brown.
Endangered species - that's a shame.
But I'm safe in Chicago town.
I've been wooing Kapuki girl.
The humans keep checking her poop,
Hoping that this romantic whirl
Will bring a wee one to the Loop.
I'm used to humans all around.
They are a species I study.
Smart and dumb, both together wound,
But not endangered like I be.
Carry the hope is what I do.
Right here at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maku - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- Night Shadows, glen salem
- The Timeless Cave in the Cliff, David Lewis Paget
- Rainbow in a Puddle, Nalini Chaturvedi