Make An Eight
If the good lords a-willin’, and the creek don’t rise.
Ill bare down and make an eight second ride.
But if I fail to make that ride, ill still hold my head up high,
And draw that bronc another time.
Well the good lord was a-willin’
He was on my side.
I got to draw that bronc for a re-ride.
I looked that old mare straight in the eyes,
And said im going to make one hell of a ride.
Well I sat down on that buck-skin mare
Stuck my hand in my riggin
And pulled my hat down over my ears.
Well she bailed outa there like she was on fire.
My dual-rals were a clicking
As she jumped higher
She bucked to the left
She bucked to the right
But I stuck it to her with all my might.
Well I went the full eight but I wanted more,
So I just juiced her til the pickup man said no more.
So I bailed off,
Threw my hat in the air.
And had one hell of a grin
From ear to ear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Make An Eight by Jimmie Waters )
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)