Make An Eight
If the good lords a-willin’, and the creek don’t rise.
Ill bare down and make an eight second ride.
But if I fail to make that ride, ill still hold my head up high,
And draw that bronc another time.
Well the good lord was a-willin’
He was on my side.
I got to draw that bronc for a re-ride.
I looked that old mare straight in the eyes,
And said im going to make one hell of a ride.
Well I sat down on that buck-skin mare
Stuck my hand in my riggin
And pulled my hat down over my ears.
Well she bailed outa there like she was on fire.
My dual-rals were a clicking
As she jumped higher
She bucked to the left
She bucked to the right
But I stuck it to her with all my might.
Well I went the full eight but I wanted more,
So I just juiced her til the pickup man said no more.
So I bailed off,
Threw my hat in the air.
And had one hell of a grin
From ear to ear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Make An Eight by Jimmie Waters )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke