I'm five years young,
for the past half-hour, from your branches I've hung
I'm eight somehow,
I play with barbies under your branches now.
I cry under your branches as Poppy flies to heaven.
Now I'm fifteen,
After my first kiss, your branches so serene.
Im eighteen, okay,
THe thought of your branches comforts me as I'm on my way.
Im twenty-two to the day,
Under your branches I fall in love, what can I say?
I'm twenty-six, I've aged,
Under your branches I get engaged!
I'm thirty now,
Two beautiful kids and a husband, I don't know how/
I watch my kids play under you.
I'm forty nowadays,
Two active kids, my life's a craze.
I watch my oldest go out into the world to thrive.
I'm fifty, time is a theft,
My second one just left.
I'm sixty, I come for a visit,
Under your branches I sit.
I will die soon,
No more branches, your just a ruin.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Magnolia by Margaux Masten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby For The Doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey