I'm five years young,
for the past half-hour, from your branches I've hung
I'm eight somehow,
I play with barbies under your branches now.
I cry under your branches as Poppy flies to heaven.
Now I'm fifteen,
After my first kiss, your branches so serene.
Im eighteen, okay,
THe thought of your branches comforts me as I'm on my way.
Im twenty-two to the day,
Under your branches I fall in love, what can I say?
I'm twenty-six, I've aged,
Under your branches I get engaged!
I'm thirty now,
Two beautiful kids and a husband, I don't know how/
I watch my kids play under you.
I'm forty nowadays,
Two active kids, my life's a craze.
I watch my oldest go out into the world to thrive.
I'm fifty, time is a theft,
My second one just left.
I'm sixty, I come for a visit,
Under your branches I sit.
I will die soon,
No more branches, your just a ruin.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Magnolia by Margaux Masten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Let me know my mother, gajanan mishra
- The Rose Recitals Seen In Retrospect, mary douglas
- Let Me, Lauren B Called
- Consider a Change in Direction, Seema Chowdhury
- Twilight Corsage Of The King Of Heaven, mary douglas
- God, Show Me the Way, Seema Chowdhury
- A Baby Mobile As Impossibly The Pattern .., mary douglas
- Calm Negative Emotions, Seema Chowdhury
- Leaf, gajanan mishra
- MAZZIN VILLAGE ضيعة مزين, MOHAMMAD SKATI