I'm five years young,
for the past half-hour, from your branches I've hung
I'm eight somehow,
I play with barbies under your branches now.
I cry under your branches as Poppy flies to heaven.
Now I'm fifteen,
After my first kiss, your branches so serene.
Im eighteen, okay,
THe thought of your branches comforts me as I'm on my way.
Im twenty-two to the day,
Under your branches I fall in love, what can I say?
I'm twenty-six, I've aged,
Under your branches I get engaged!
I'm thirty now,
Two beautiful kids and a husband, I don't know how/
I watch my kids play under you.
I'm forty nowadays,
Two active kids, my life's a craze.
I watch my oldest go out into the world to thrive.
I'm fifty, time is a theft,
My second one just left.
I'm sixty, I come for a visit,
Under your branches I sit.
I will die soon,
No more branches, your just a ruin.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Magnolia by Margaux Masten )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland
- Hold On, Michael P. McParland
- Just Wasn't Deep Enough, Kyle Schlicher
- Hold Me Now My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Love Me, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Hold Me Now, Michael P. McParland
- For Kira, Michael P. McParland