You followed me when there was light around me,
And I could not see you or your shadow.
When the night came and the leaves fell,
You were still there.
We kissed when I still wondered who you are,
Perhaps my death or one more scar,
What do I care, what hollow grief,
Ever a transition and luck, but may it be mine?
It mattered not if you followed me through the light,
A dim dawn it always was, your shadow,
A home from the corner of my eye,
Enticed by the beekeeper's daughter,
The other love, two poles, like a magnet,
My dark and my light,
Which incarnation would you take,
Another one I have met before and lost so well?
But it matters that I have not met you yet,
It matters that you still follow me,
Carry the light and a little bit of life.
While I walk, still walk,
And I consider it a miracle,
How two poles, like a magnet, can draw
All power out of the dark,
While I vow to give up neither one of you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magnet by Jan Hauck )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo