You followed me when there was light around me,
And I could not see you or your shadow.
When the night came and the leaves fell,
You were still there.
We kissed when I still wondered who you are,
Perhaps my death or one more scar,
What do I care, what hollow grief,
Ever a transition and luck, but may it be mine?
It mattered not if you followed me through the light,
A dim dawn it always was, your shadow,
A home from the corner of my eye,
Enticed by the beekeeper's daughter,
The other love, two poles, like a magnet,
My dark and my light,
Which incarnation would you take,
Another one I have met before and lost so well?
But it matters that I have not met you yet,
It matters that you still follow me,
Carry the light and a little bit of life.
While I walk, still walk,
And I consider it a miracle,
How two poles, like a magnet, can draw
All power out of the dark,
While I vow to give up neither one of you.
Jan Hauck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magnet by Jan Hauck )
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
- No veg', george albot
- All a Round, Ima Ryma
- And now, hold my hands O mortal!, Preeth Nambiar
- Kaamnaa (DESIRE), Aftab Alam
- Truth is his name, Aftab Alam
- Train to destiny, Aftab Alam
- The Best Day, Meriam Joseph
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Soldier, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)