I ascend the serpentine path to the mountain
the windy summit of the grand ridge glistens.
I scale magic steps to the clouds, tinted eosin,
a gold sun walks in the blue sky and listens.
And when the night descends, I climb the flighty stairs
to the lonely moon staring at the orphan earth,
then ascend to the twinkling stars dancing in pairs,
wondering if they know the meaning of mirth.
Dense dreams detour, thick thoughts ticktack in a row.
Life is evermore poetry, though many keep them apart.
But tell me now my dear, oh, please, tell me now,
Where are the magic stairs leading to your heart?
Paul Hartal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magic Stairs by Paul Hartal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra