M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E. -1 - Translation (rus.)
There are such voices,
That makes you silent, unable to repeat,
That you are foreseeing sorceries.
And the great eyes
Are coloured as the sea.
Here he stood up before you:
Look at his forehead and brows
And compare him with you!
That is the exhaustion
Of the blue blood old -
The devastated flow.
The azure is prevailing
With all its noble vein.
And the tzarevich's and lion's jesture
Is repeated by lace
As a white foam's edge.
The dragun of your regiment,
The decabrists and the versaillists!
And you don't understand -
He is too young - so the string,
Or the sword, or the brush to paint
Is the need for fingers.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Marina Tsvetaeva
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E. -1 - Translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Brown Penny, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)