M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E. -1 - Translation (rus.)
There are such voices,
That makes you silent, unable to repeat,
That you are foreseeing sorceries.
And the great eyes
Are coloured as the sea.
Here he stood up before you:
Look at his forehead and brows
And compare him with you!
That is the exhaustion
Of the blue blood old -
The devastated flow.
The azure is prevailing
With all its noble vein.
And the tzarevich's and lion's jesture
Is repeated by lace
As a white foam's edge.
The dragun of your regiment,
The decabrists and the versaillists!
And you don't understand -
He is too young - so the string,
Or the sword, or the brush to paint
Is the need for fingers.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Marina Tsvetaeva
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E. -1 - Translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
- Old age in life among us., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Sonnet, Rachel Glassman
- In The Theatre of Life; In The Theatre o.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old age in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- So Are The Stars, Rachel Glassman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)