M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E. -1 - Translation (rus.)
There are such voices,
That makes you silent, unable to repeat,
That you are foreseeing sorceries.
And the great eyes
Are coloured as the sea.
Here he stood up before you:
Look at his forehead and brows
And compare him with you!
That is the exhaustion
Of the blue blood old -
The devastated flow.
The azure is prevailing
With all its noble vein.
And the tzarevich's and lion's jesture
Is repeated by lace
As a white foam's edge.
The dragun of your regiment,
The decabrists and the versaillists!
And you don't understand -
He is too young - so the string,
Or the sword, or the brush to paint
Is the need for fingers.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Marina Tsvetaeva
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E. -1 - Translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra
- Cycle of life (German), Michelle Chvojka
- Bidinthani Raikhos, Swrji Basumatary
- Magic Of Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Angw, Swrji Basumatary