M.Tsvetaeva, To Byron - Translation (Rus.)
I'm thinking about morning of Your glory,
About morning of your days,
When suddenly You as demon had awoken
From dream, as god to every men.
I'm thinking about brows on Your face,
Met together, as the torches of Your eyes,
And the lava of Your blood of ages,
That along Your veins runs as a flood.
I'm thinking about fingers - long they are -
And about curly hairs Your's,
And about the round eyes, that are
Waiting in the alleys and in halls.
And about the hearts, which You - too young -
Couldn't help well learning in the times,
When there the Moons were rising high
And were down falling as Your prise.
I'm thinking about hall, lit scantily,
And the velvet, leaned to the laces new,
And about verses, which You could have been
Saying to me once, and I - to You.
And I'm thinking about dust in hand,
Which remained from Your lips and Your eyes...
About eyes, which long ago were left.
About them, and all about us.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, To Byron - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
- No love, Barbara Dixion
- Music Is Life, Ray Hansell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)