M.Tsvetaeva, In heavy mantle... - translation (rus.)
By Marina Tsvetaeva
In heavy mantle of the solemn rites,
Don't meet me, the inexorable one.
On the square, under the thousand views,
Let me simply to die.
With the fire, falling down on my hair and lips
In the noon time.
With the banners and the roar of trumpets
And my horse prancing.
With the gilt of churches shining,
With the boom transforming into thunder,
With the young boy or girl in crowd
Nodding me or other small one.
Whether you would appear in the face of fate,
Or in the baby's image - I'm praying to you:
Let me, who lived alone in her life span,
To die in the crowd under music.
Lyudmila31 Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, In heavy mantle... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Kaitlyn, Bernard Snyder
- Old Breath, GRANT FRASER
- Saints Rising, George Egba
- Hiroshima., Tony Adah
- Sun Exposed, Prasad Natarajan
- Libra Scale, Kewayne Wadley