M.Lermontov,15 july 1830 - translation (rus.)
Why did I leave the circle, though unshaped,
Of relatives? All was so warm in-there,
All were the friends and mentors, and my life
Was full of childish dreams inside.
And horrors were the play for soul,
My gain was fly to skies, to clouds!
And ready I was all to kiss in lips,
Without doubt of a snake in this.
The other people I entered to commune,
I learned them much, the friend's lie, sell-out, too.
I've become suspicious, and one day
I lost the talisman of a soul's nonchalance.
And nobody can greet with a word:
I'm friend to you! - The answer'll be a groan
From breast, and a reproach bad.
I'm got withdrawn of greetings that.
Ah, I was loving, when I was happy, yes,
When only from love I bursted into tears.
But having filled with woe all this breast,
How, tell me please, how could I love, at least?
I'm feared, while embracing a virgin,
I have a cup of poison - love instead,
And fill with it my living soul,
Show heart as the altar without fire then.
But I'm better, than they see outside,
They can't read in my face a feel;
What they are rumouring about... hush!
If I knew, how could I come through this.
There's a fire in myself against,
But not the fire of the anger, true,
Nor vengeance, not scorn, as yet,
But... why they tried to poison childhood?
The crooked bow, having torn its string,
Rattles loud - but will not be straight;
To overcome their chains, I made, in real,
The last attempt with rising head;
So... now I'm living sad
And miserable far, without friends,
Without hopes, thoughts and powers, to say,
And paler than a beam of moon, that skates
Along the wall through gap without sense.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.Lermontov,15 july 1830 - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- It Made My Day.....(sigh), Kaila George
- Unsure About....., Kaila George
- Love, Joy, Trust & Respect, Tom Zart
- Change, Kaila George
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)