Barry N Williams
Magnificent temples now in ruin,
Broken columns still show their splendor,
Defaced decoration, Coptic solution,
Obelisks still standing with no surrender,
The valleys, hidden treasures unearth,
A legacy of the ancient’s birth.
Streets bustling with haggling traders,
Mother of pearl, Alabaster and Glass,
Calesh and Taxi tout for fares,
Smiling tourists with no cares,
Feluccas sailing, gliding by,
All this under azure sky.
The land of the Pharos,
Still magnificent in a different way,
The ancient, meeting modern day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Luxor by Barry N Williams )
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle