What do you see in me
That no one else can see?
Is it the twinkle in my eyes
Or is it the artist's hands?
Is it my voice
Or is it my dancing feet?
Is it my fragile body
Or is it my broken heart?
Is it my fleeting dreams
Or did they become nightmares?
What do you want with me
That no one else wants?
Is it to keep me shelved
Like a porcelain doll?
Is it so you can pull
My puppet strings?
What of me wakes you up?
Is it my looks
Or is it my personality?
Is it-no it can't be..
I know what you want
I know what you see
I know in the endless evil green
Of your eyes that
You lust for me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lust by Ridha Gilani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu