What do you see in me
That no one else can see?
Is it the twinkle in my eyes
Or is it the artist's hands?
Is it my voice
Or is it my dancing feet?
Is it my fragile body
Or is it my broken heart?
Is it my fleeting dreams
Or did they become nightmares?
What do you want with me
That no one else wants?
Is it to keep me shelved
Like a porcelain doll?
Is it so you can pull
My puppet strings?
What of me wakes you up?
Is it my looks
Or is it my personality?
Is it-no it can't be..
I know what you want
I know what you see
I know in the endless evil green
Of your eyes that
You lust for me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lust by Ridha Gilani )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- आना जाना ऐसा समा, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- The Dark of Night, Marissa Wheeler
- a tortured yellow smile, Mandolyn ...
- जाने तु और जानू मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Kofi Awoonor, Richard Blay
- तु ही खयाल कर, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- गीतकार हूँ मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पण, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- 'Invictus' Invalid, Frank Avon
- धुन सवार ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar