The wind made its presence known
by rustling the top branches
sending shivers through their leaves.
It marked its territory, up there.
'You are low', I heard it breathe.
You aren't high and free......like me.
Mike Acker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Low by Mike Acker )
Did you read them?
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- Shriveled Up Inside A Rose, Is It Poetry
- Meditation, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
- অনিন্দ্য সৌন্দর্য তোমার, Md. Ziaul Haque
- তুমি আসবে যদি জানতাম আগে, Md. Ziaul Haque
- আমি প্রতিদিন লিখতে চাই, Md. Ziaul Haque
- চল বদলাই, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)