One day the little girl was playing on the floor
fallen asleep, she'd open eyes
to find own head on older sister's lap.
There were voices speaking all at once,
music playing a foreign song and, lots of laughes!
She didn't dare to breathe, played dead asleep
knowing that as soon she'd open eyes to move
will be surely sent to the 'children room'.
One moment everyone quiet down, the music stopped
and a young man recited something strange
it sounded like a foreign tongue lyrics song.
Too small to understand, two words were stuck
to the little girl ears, ahh how much she wanted
to watch the voice coming out from young man's mouth!
How can she make those words sound the same?
How strange that tongue, familiar sounds
yet could not understand one word? !
But those two words, or one, oh, such strange
sounds, how much she loved!
Kept in her mind to be played again and again
Rearanged, viceversa then back to normal state.
Years later, at school's latin hour she found
the (thought) forgotten words, reminded was
that once upon a time were part of little game:
'volens nolens', changed upon her play,
finally learned its meaning and true form:
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loving Memories by Elena Sandu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar