Loving a Criminal:
Loving a criminal:
Everyone calls him a criminal,
They want to arrange his funeral,
Policemen call him, ‘beast of nocturne'
He is my prince charming of diurnal
His love for me is unconditional.
I have seen his bleeding body,
I have erased his sweats,
I have seen his smiling face,
Even in disgrace.
I've seen him dealing with bullets,
I've fed him water from Brooklet,
I've seen him standing still,
On top of mourning hill.
He is the angel of my strive,
He's drunk the poison of life,
He's worn the crown of thrones,
He's tolerated the wounds of guns;
He is wounded with streaks of swords,
He has an identity amid the crowd.
He is tagged as smuggler,
He carries a dagger,
He has made my heart dance,
He is the king of my new dawn!
I've seen his passionate eyes,
I've seen his face is shaking candlelight,
He got drenched in the rains only to see me,
He got soaked in sweats to save enemies;
He is the deserted soul of society,
He is the maimed song of almighty.
He is tagged as a robber
They've robbed his pleasures,
He is always in danger.
His love rains on me,
He adores my cheeks
He kisses on my eyelids,
He is a boy next door,
When he adores.
People only look at his crimes,
They overlook the agony's chimes,
Once, they ignored a crying li'l boy,
They were busy, on the way,
They relished on burgers of ‘subway'
They didn't care to give him food,
He just roamed around the roads.
He has told me his tale,
His mom was a pros,
And his dad was a pirate,
He is the result of peculiar union.
He wants to wear the shirt of a good boy,
He desires to be a sweet lover boy,
He badly wants to remove the stigma,
He wants to be dazzled in new enigma.
Our society is very cruel,
It loves to see him gruel,
It loves to see his dreams shattered.
Till, I want to make him believe on himself,
I hate crimes, not the criminal,
I hate sins, not the sinners,
He is my ultimate lover,
I am always there for him to look after.
Topic(s): love and pain
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loving a Criminal: by Jayeeta Shamsul )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns