Loving a Criminal:
Loving a criminal:
Everyone calls him a criminal,
They want to arrange his funeral,
Policemen call him, ‘beast of nocturne'
He is my prince charming of diurnal
His love for me is unconditional.
I have seen his bleeding body,
I have erased his sweats,
I have seen his smiling face,
Even in disgrace.
I've seen him dealing with bullets,
I've fed him water from Brooklet,
I've seen him standing still,
On top of mourning hill.
He is the angel of my strive,
He's drunk the poison of life,
He's worn the crown of thrones,
He's tolerated the wounds of guns;
He is wounded with streaks of swords,
He has an identity amid the crowd.
He is tagged as smuggler,
He carries a dagger,
He has made my heart dance,
He is the king of my new dawn!
I've seen his passionate eyes,
I've seen his face is shaking candlelight,
He got drenched in the rains only to see me,
He got soaked in sweats to save enemies;
He is the deserted soul of society,
He is the maimed song of almighty.
He is tagged as a robber
They've robbed his pleasures,
He is always in danger.
His love rains on me,
He adores my cheeks
He kisses on my eyelids,
He is a boy next door,
When he adores.
People only look at his crimes,
They overlook the agony's chimes,
Once, they ignored a crying li'l boy,
They were busy, on the way,
They relished on burgers of ‘subway'
They didn't care to give him food,
He just roamed around the roads.
He has told me his tale,
His mom was a pros,
And his dad was a pirate,
He is the result of peculiar union.
He wants to wear the shirt of a good boy,
He desires to be a sweet lover boy,
He badly wants to remove the stigma,
He wants to be dazzled in new enigma.
Our society is very cruel,
It loves to see him gruel,
It loves to see his dreams shattered.
Till, I want to make him believe on himself,
I hate crimes, not the criminal,
I hate sins, not the sinners,
He is my ultimate lover,
I am always there for him to look after.
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loving a Criminal: by Jayeeta Shamsul )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable