Loving a Criminal:
Loving a criminal:
Everyone calls him a criminal,
They want to arrange his funeral,
Policemen call him, ‘beast of nocturne'
He is my prince charming of diurnal
His love for me is unconditional.
I have seen his bleeding body,
I have erased his sweats,
I have seen his smiling face,
Even in disgrace.
I've seen him dealing with bullets,
I've fed him water from Brooklet,
I've seen him standing still,
On top of mourning hill.
He is the angel of my strive,
He's drunk the poison of life,
He's worn the crown of thrones,
He's tolerated the wounds of guns;
He is wounded with streaks of swords,
He has an identity amid the crowd.
He is tagged as smuggler,
He carries a dagger,
He has made my heart dance,
He is the king of my new dawn!
I've seen his passionate eyes,
I've seen his face is shaking candlelight,
He got drenched in the rains only to see me,
He got soaked in sweats to save enemies;
He is the deserted soul of society,
He is the maimed song of almighty.
He is tagged as a robber
They've robbed his pleasures,
He is always in danger.
His love rains on me,
He adores my cheeks
He kisses on my eyelids,
He is a boy next door,
When he adores.
People only look at his crimes,
They overlook the agony's chimes,
Once, they ignored a crying li'l boy,
They were busy, on the way,
They relished on burgers of ‘subway'
They didn't care to give him food,
He just roamed around the roads.
He has told me his tale,
His mom was a pros,
And his dad was a pirate,
He is the result of peculiar union.
He wants to wear the shirt of a good boy,
He desires to be a sweet lover boy,
He badly wants to remove the stigma,
He wants to be dazzled in new enigma.
Our society is very cruel,
It loves to see him gruel,
It loves to see his dreams shattered.
Till, I want to make him believe on himself,
I hate crimes, not the criminal,
I hate sins, not the sinners,
He is my ultimate lover,
I am always there for him to look after.
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loving a Criminal: by Jayeeta Shamsul )
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)