Alan Bruce Thompson
Lovers fall through each others eyes,
Because there's the doorway to the soul.
Their caught breath and the brief surprise
Make the two halves one whole.
They don't regret this loss of self,
This duality of one,
This simple sharing doubles the wealth
And lovers are never alone.
The first time happens before you know,
The second time you know before it happens,
Thereafter you remember the first time glow
But now you try carefully to make sense.
The heart remembers the first time,
Even though the brain says ‘not again',
The intuition in the gut knows the sign
And prepares both for the love without pain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loveyes by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh
- Words, Monica Lanier
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmai Uppu