Yield not your favours maiden mine,
At least not until the end of time,
It is important that you keep
Your body pure so you can sleep.
Unfortunately my tenure here,
will not support so long a fast, l fear,
So with a heavy heart l must pursue,
others less principled in their view than you.
I doubt I would enjoy such trivial liaisons,
But physical needs create unsavoury occasions,
My heart and needs respect your zealous grace, ,
But consience is dumb in passions strong embrace.
Of course I would eschew all thoughts of tawdry bliss,
If from your honeyed lips I could draw one kiss,
In gloried celibate State, for a while I would repine,
But not of Course forever or until the end of time.
Damian Cranney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loves Needs by Damian Cranney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty