Uncle Sam is calling me away, and with you I cannot stay
Our commitment of love and devotion
Will keep us separated by an ocean.
I will now see if my love is true, and if my heart
Belongs to you! .
You will see if your love can stand up to the hands of time
Until I am back to make you mine.
We will now know the true meaning of “the test of time “
Or see if our words were blind.
If our vows can hold up while I am away.
Then our marriage will come into play.
I had practiced my marriage vows in my mind
Which have been with me for a very long time.
These were my marriage vows I wrote for you:
“You have made all my dreams come true
And my heart belongs to only you
You ignited a little spark-, which consumed my entire heart
And it grew into a forest fire
And the flames cannot get much higher. “
If it is true that you feel what you say
That I have taken your heart away, then
We will plan our wedding day
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loves Doubts by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver
- Blue Starred In The Blue Grass Spring Lu.., mary douglas
- Mist Clothed, Saiom Shriver
- Be A Man, Richard Provencher
- Respecting Autonomy, Saiom Shriver