Uncle Sam is calling me away, and with you I cannot stay
Our commitment of love and devotion
Will keep us separated by an ocean.
I will now see if my love is true, and if my heart
Belongs to you! .
You will see if your love can stand up to the hands of time
Until I am back to make you mine.
We will now know the true meaning of “the test of time “
Or see if our words were blind.
If our vows can hold up while I am away.
Then our marriage will come into play.
I had practiced my marriage vows in my mind
Which have been with me for a very long time.
These were my marriage vows I wrote for you:
“You have made all my dreams come true
And my heart belongs to only you
You ignited a little spark-, which consumed my entire heart
And it grew into a forest fire
And the flames cannot get much higher. “
If it is true that you feel what you say
That I have taken your heart away, then
We will plan our wedding day
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loves Doubts by louis rams )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)