Uncle Sam is calling me away, and with you I cannot stay
Our commitment of love and devotion
Will keep us separated by an ocean.
I will now see if my love is true, and if my heart
Belongs to you! .
You will see if your love can stand up to the hands of time
Until I am back to make you mine.
We will now know the true meaning of “the test of time “
Or see if our words were blind.
If our vows can hold up while I am away.
Then our marriage will come into play.
I had practiced my marriage vows in my mind
Which have been with me for a very long time.
These were my marriage vows I wrote for you:
“You have made all my dreams come true
And my heart belongs to only you
You ignited a little spark-, which consumed my entire heart
And it grew into a forest fire
And the flames cannot get much higher. “
If it is true that you feel what you say
That I have taken your heart away, then
We will plan our wedding day
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loves Doubts by louis rams )
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)