Lovers Dancing Through The Night.
Even though its been a while now,
I still hear the sweet yet mournful moan
Of the trombone lighting the dimly lit bar;
And l still wonder what was going through his mind:
Eyes closed and hands moving smoothly as he made music.
I whistle the tune with a melancholic smile
And remember the lovers dancing into the night, arm in arm.
Time was of no importance as heaven froze on earth;
In each others embrace they melted!
Their hearts united and beating as one_
Souls with pure love that yearn and stir
Feelings buried deep in dark shadows of imagination;
Entwined bodies swaying slowly to the silky music tone.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lovers Dancing Through The Night. by Tafadzwa Matamba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel
- If I fail,, hasmukh amathalal
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA