Where to discover a cloud cover of cascading raindrops?
How can a stranger be familiar with the unknown?
When was it the last time we met?
When was it the last time I wept?
Lover’s tears like baby tears flow uninterrupted from restrain
I am not fit to benefit from their wit
Or their schematic yearning skit!
Was it by accident, many years ago?
By Providence we almost met!
Mistakenly they almost knocked on the desert doors
But.... surely like absent clouds in a sure drought
They knew in their heart of hearts, of promises never kept
These verses are the wrong doors
Nailed shut to my scorched barren floors!
Barely- barely they touched my skirt
Our marked breath never did meet
Heaven’s serenity and hell’s fury do not mix
They realized the black plague signs on my doors
Where the ultimate thirst resides,
All sorrow’s trend
Grief trail has no end
Saved by intuition from fruition
They avoided the sand dunes fortifications
Deity guided their footsteps
From the clay of dismay, where cracks creped
Towards the jaws of unquenchable thirst
Rain drops, lover’s tears, heaven’s gifts
Shelter in the underground river shifts
Sunday March 31,2013
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lover’s Tears by Leaking Pen )
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)