Love Unseen, Love by Faith
It is reasonable that as I have not literally seen Almighty and Holy God,
Yet I know He is here with me, there is a knowing of His Presence with me where ever I go,
And so it is with my Beloved, though I have not seen him, even in a photo ,
Yet I know he too is here with me...for I can sense his presence,
The Essance of God being love is the essance also of my beloved and myself.
It is magnominous that Love reveals it self in such a manner as this....
Although I have not literally heard God speak to mine ear, He does speak everyday Spiritually to my heart.
My beloved speaks literally in my ear, directly to my heart...
He speaks of the Love of the Lord to me, sweetly and confidently.
As God's Word is a lamp unto my feet, guiding me, correcting me,
So too is my beloved, wise in the ways of the Lord, takes his manly lead,
I, his Lady, His helpmate am all too honored to follow his God given direction.
I can see God moving everywhere...I see His creations all around me and they are beyond describing,
I see my beloved's creations...I see into his heart,
My beloved's very soul lay open before me....no finer gift could be bestowed unto me!
I see his hurts, I know his struggles and pain, as he also knows mine...
My beloved sees my creations and looks tenderly upon my heart and soul.
We cherish our beings...our aliveness, our creativity, the way we compliment one another,
Where I am weak, he is strong, where he is weak I am his strength and I cover him as a Queen shelters and protects the King...
Together and seperatley we both know our all comes from God and we respect and revere His Holiness,
We stop, take a step back and set our minds on things above...noble things, wise things, good things,
Holy things, Righteous things...Our Love honors our Lord...
As a deer pants for water, longingly thirsting, pining to behold and taste,
So too I thirst for my beloved's presence physically in the now, in the flesh,
I pray strength and courage for our love,
I pray God make a way when there seems no way,
I pray patience, trust and deepening intamacy,
Ever be ours, In the Mighty Name of Jesus ♥
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Unseen, Love by Faith by Cambridge Keenan )
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)