Love Story, At the Hardware Store
Try as hard as I can,
I won’t be able to finish the inventory.
Count up the boxes of bolts and screws.
List them according to head type,
Length, and numbered thickness.
Then double check the tally.
At this point I just don't have the wherewithal.
How could I possibly enter all those details.
Just one look at the lines and columns confuses me!
Plus, exacting cost price and summing page totals,
Running entries from bookkeeping sheet to sheet,
Those kinds of computations demand a clear head.
My mind's a mess. I'm sick.
The accountant will have to wait.
Let's hope I feel better.
Soft as she is
She has almost
Killed me with
Love for that girl.
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Story, At the Hardware Store by STANLEY PACION )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper