I saw a sunset face
Above a lonely beach.
And her eyeliner
Was the sky.
And her hair glowed
Soft in peach,
As her rouge
Bled into the night
I have to smile
At love's sunset
She always winks
When with style
Flaunting no regret.
Like a haunting minuet.
Just before her arms
Embrace the moon,
Who will swoon
In blue magic beam.
As brightest lemon
Are erased from the sky.
In the twinkle
Of an eye,
Like orange memories
Waving from afar.
The day surrenders
To the night.
As the galaxy
In its net.
Blowing kisses of fire
To dark maidens it met.
Pining fading colours
Of love's sunset.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love's Sunset. by Kevin East )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- GroundSound, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Bukowski, Frank Avon
- The wish of the fish, Marina Olivera Sangers
- The shadows, Marina Olivera Sangers
- My Precious, Melissa Bange
- Dayspring, Frank Avon
- A Lonely Princess, Steve Kittell
- Recife Dogs Haiku, Kim Barney
- Pausing - That Was All, Frank Avon
- Truth, Please, Sandra Feldman