Whispers Of Night
Love never gave birth to poets
Darling, love never gave birth to poets,
as love is born in cradle of the grief;
it crawls and takes your icy heart away
and quickly hides into the silver mists!
It prowls for prey, it haunts for glory
silently watching, perceiving the sound
of hands that touch when love is bound,
on this realm of flabbergasting sadness.
We're just actors on this dreadful scene,
I'm afraid I slaughter another dream!
still, life unfolds: we love, we fly and die
yet, at some point, the smoky curtains rise!
We never love, unless with a broken heart:
often claim to love just one, but secretly-
Yes, we do love another; words mean nothing
but contraption, as we're too afraid to fight!
I cannot always portray it in jolly colours
because my heart was bit by snake of pain,
I am the one, who in your soul will remain
as the one you loved within a silly game.
Therefore, the velvet mask of night is set
upon my eyes when my weary soul is dying,
don't ever shed tears; now it's too late-
past midnight; the candles aren't burning!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love never gave birth to poets by Whispers Of Night )
- dawn i know, in deep understanding shall.., RIC S. BASTASA
- always uncaught., RIC S. BASTASA
- I Turn To Ice, Over The Moon
- yellow light turns green, Is It Poetry
- Tuesday, Kyle Costa
- Sleeping Machines, Kyle Costa
- In The Forest, stephen ifill
- We, The Moon Watchers, Kyle Costa
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)