Whispers Of Night
Love never gave birth to poets
Darling, love never gave birth to poets,
as love is born in cradle of the grief;
it crawls and takes your icy heart away
and quickly hides into the silver mists!
It prowls for prey, it haunts for glory
silently watching, perceiving the sound
of hands that touch when love is bound,
on this realm of flabbergasting sadness.
We're just actors on this dreadful scene,
I'm afraid I slaughter another dream!
still, life unfolds: we love, we fly and die
yet, at some point, the smoky curtains rise!
We never love, unless with a broken heart:
often claim to love just one, but secretly-
Yes, we do love another; words mean nothing
but contraption, as we're too afraid to fight!
I cannot always portray it in jolly colours
because my heart was bit by snake of pain,
I am the one, who in your soul will remain
as the one you loved within a silly game.
Therefore, the velvet mask of night is set
upon my eyes when my weary soul is dying,
don't ever shed tears; now it's too late-
past midnight; the candles aren't burning!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love never gave birth to poets by Whispers Of Night )
- Democracies All Must Fail, Is It Poetry
- Conviction's Diatribe, michael walkerjohn
- Think right, hasmukh amathalal
- BYE! BYE! ! BYE! ! ! EBOLA! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley