Love Me Not
Emptiness isn't kind to those who devour it
It's like a desperate air that fills the lonely soul
But only for the moment
Until the passion lies within
I toss and turn in my pajamas
Sweating from all of the anxiety
While the windows are open
And the air conditioner is on
Leave me alone you filthy demon
You can't impress me with a flower
My emotions are weeping
And I can't seem to keep quiet
This heart speaks with great integrity
Therefore it never skips a beat when I shed a tear
The cobwebs in the sky have yet to unravel
It's a miracle I'm still alive
In this twisted scene of a dream
Love me not, for I am not
Behold the shadows that break the silence
I'm a wanton woman on the loose
You can think whatever you want about that
A lonely soul lives the life of a lonely soul
I'm only human.
Electric Lady's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Me Not by Electric Lady )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Talent, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Claim immunity, hasmukh amathalal
- breathless & less writing about it, Mandolyn ...
- Time To Get Out Of The Kitchen, Richard Provencher
- Serenity, Roger Horsch
- Lost messages, hasmukh amathalal
- Flowers offer, hasmukh amathalal
- Strike hard, hasmukh amathalal
- Sparrows And Others, Richard Provencher
- Road, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..