I Gazed upon a withered tree,
That sang a soured song,
It's acrid melody,
'My love will soon be gone.'
Life, save me from thoughts arid soil,
Sweet memories make my roots recoil,
Force me to sway, to stoop so low,
For love's last kiss so long ago.
The haunting eve before the callous day,
Did whisper, you must go away.
An arid sea now, I have wept,
Through fleeting night I never slept.
Dawn arrived to vanquish night,
That died so fast, without a fight.
I rose to wake you, for one moment last,
Too late, your life already past.
I gaze upon a withered tree,
That sings a soured song,
It's bitter melody,
'You're gone my love, you're gone.'
The venom of your passing bites,
A raging fire within me ignites,
To char all mankind, to feel my pain,
But stays within, to never wane.
I gaze into a looking glass,
There I see a withered tree,
It sometimes speaks and when it speaks,
A soured song it sings to me.
Kevin Moss 28/03/14
Kevin Moss's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Lost by Kevin Moss )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Let Her Know How You Feel About Her, Ronell Warren Alman
- Dreams, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Expression Eruption: An artillery call, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Biochemistry II, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- farm this, Mandolyn ...
- A Chat By Brothers, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Smith of Words, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Past IT' is, george albot
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI