I Gazed upon a withered tree,
That sang a soured song,
It's acrid melody,
'My love will soon be gone.'
Life, save me from thoughts arid soil,
Sweet memories make my roots recoil,
Force me to sway, to stoop so low,
For love's last kiss so long ago.
The haunting eve before the callous day,
Did whisper, you must go away.
An arid sea now, I have wept,
Through fleeting night I never slept.
Dawn arrived to vanquish night,
That died so fast, without a fight.
I rose to wake you, for one moment last,
Too late, your life already past.
I gaze upon a withered tree,
That sings a soured song,
It's bitter melody,
'You're gone my love, you're gone.'
The venom of your passing bites,
A raging fire within me ignites,
To char all mankind, to feel my pain,
But stays within, to never wane.
I gaze into a looking glass,
There I see a withered tree,
It sometimes speaks and when it speaks,
A soured song it sings to me.
Kevin Moss 28/03/14
Kevin Moss's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Lost by Kevin Moss )
- Happy Moments Matter, Rohit Sapra
- When my love states that she is futile..., Saheb Mohapatra
- Sink and feel, SALINI NAIR
- Birthday Years, Greta Bellamacina
- When Hope Becomes A Prayer, Savita Tyagi
- So the Ancients say...., Savita Tyagi
- Thank and wish, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbye The Day, Pijush Biswas
- ~Oneness ~, Aftab Alam
- Random Thought lX, Savita Tyagi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)