I Gazed upon a withered tree,
That sang a soured song,
It's acrid melody,
'My love will soon be gone.'
Life, save me from thoughts arid soil,
Sweet memories make my roots recoil,
Force me to sway, to stoop so low,
For love's last kiss so long ago.
The haunting eve before the callous day,
Did whisper, you must go away.
An arid sea now, I have wept,
Through fleeting night I never slept.
Dawn arrived to vanquish night,
That died so fast, without a fight.
I rose to wake you, for one moment last,
Too late, your life already past.
I gaze upon a withered tree,
That sings a soured song,
It's bitter melody,
'You're gone my love, you're gone.'
The venom of your passing bites,
A raging fire within me ignites,
To char all mankind, to feel my pain,
But stays within, to never wane.
I gaze into a looking glass,
There I see a withered tree,
It sometimes speaks and when it speaks,
A soured song it sings to me.
Kevin Moss 28/03/14
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Lost by Kevin Moss )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Poem of the Day
- Secretly Loving You, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second