Love Is Acceptance
Love is acceptance passion lit,
'Valid reasons', 'common sense',
Even though the 'perfect fit'
Is seldom seen, takes time to knit.
Should practical impediments
Alter feelings deep, intense,
Causing conflict implicit,
Creating doubt in minds with split
Emotions, acts, then 'self-defence'
Plays games, manipulates events,
Trust compromises. Tat for tit,
ANathema to love, then shows
CEmental cracks, acceptance slows.
Love is a tidal wave whose thrust
Off-balance throws experience,
Victory over indifference,
Empathy replacing trust.
Implicit understanding must
Shine through in sharing, caring, whence
All flow to nurture every sense.
Complicity’s no arid crust
Conformist, neither is love lust,
Empty joke at life’s expense,
Poor echo, ego represents,
Tired p*nis length, or breadth of bust.
AN open reciprocity
CEments affection, harmony.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love Is Acceptance by Jonathan ROBIN )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..