Love Is Acceptance
Love is acceptance passion lit,
'Valid reasons', 'common sense',
Even though the 'perfect fit'
Is seldom seen, takes time to knit.
Should practical impediments
Alter feelings deep, intense,
Causing conflict implicit,
Creating doubt in minds with split
Emotions, acts, then 'self-defence'
Plays games, manipulates events,
Trust compromises. Tat for tit,
ANathema to love, then shows
CEmental cracks, acceptance slows.
Love is a tidal wave whose thrust
Off-balance throws experience,
Victory over indifference,
Empathy replacing trust.
Implicit understanding must
Shine through in sharing, caring, whence
All flow to nurture every sense.
Complicity’s no arid crust
Conformist, neither is love lust,
Empty joke at life’s expense,
Poor echo, ego represents,
Tired p*nis length, or breadth of bust.
AN open reciprocity
CEments affection, harmony.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love Is Acceptance by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady