Love Is Acceptance
Love is acceptance passion lit,
'Valid reasons', 'common sense',
Even though the 'perfect fit'
Is seldom seen, takes time to knit.
Should practical impediments
Alter feelings deep, intense,
Causing conflict implicit,
Creating doubt in minds with split
Emotions, acts, then 'self-defence'
Plays games, manipulates events,
Trust compromises. Tat for tit,
ANathema to love, then shows
CEmental cracks, acceptance slows.
Love is a tidal wave whose thrust
Off-balance throws experience,
Victory over indifference,
Empathy replacing trust.
Implicit understanding must
Shine through in sharing, caring, whence
All flow to nurture every sense.
Complicity’s no arid crust
Conformist, neither is love lust,
Empty joke at life’s expense,
Poor echo, ego represents,
Tired p*nis length, or breadth of bust.
AN open reciprocity
CEments affection, harmony.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love Is Acceptance by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Down by the river., Harold R Hunt Sr
- North vs South, Harold R Hunt Sr
- sleepy town, Harold R Hunt Sr
- What's happen?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- PH: Humor: Women6Verses9Men - Who's On T.., Brian Johnston
- forgetting he-huckleberry, I ring-around.., Harindhar Reddy
- Ninja Nejla, Muzaffer Akin
- Design of Life, Rohit Sapra
- My Dear, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Daisies, Eugene Levich
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)