Love Is Acceptance
Love is acceptance passion lit,
'Valid reasons', 'common sense',
Even though the 'perfect fit'
Is seldom seen, takes time to knit.
Should practical impediments
Alter feelings deep, intense,
Causing conflict implicit,
Creating doubt in minds with split
Emotions, acts, then 'self-defence'
Plays games, manipulates events,
Trust compromises. Tat for tit,
ANathema to love, then shows
CEmental cracks, acceptance slows.
Love is a tidal wave whose thrust
Off-balance throws experience,
Victory over indifference,
Empathy replacing trust.
Implicit understanding must
Shine through in sharing, caring, whence
All flow to nurture every sense.
Complicity’s no arid crust
Conformist, neither is love lust,
Empty joke at life’s expense,
Poor echo, ego represents,
Tired p*nis length, or breadth of bust.
AN open reciprocity
CEments affection, harmony.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love Is Acceptance by Jonathan ROBIN )
- My Friends (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)