Love is a trade.
When a man is landed up
with a woman of fortune,
to wed her, he is haste
lest some one should usurp.
When he has the upper hand
he is quick for her flesh,
With wedding not in card,
himself not in confidence.
Love is a trade
and is bought by fraud.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is a trade. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Himalayas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Steeler Rocky Bleier, Richard Thripp
- To Be A Boy Again, Paul Gerard Reed
- World in Denial, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- A True Poet, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Tandem in time, Elijah o.b Zoff
- A Lady, gbenga amusan
- pelican crossing, lee fones
- Supermax, David Keplinger
- jeremy kyle 30 sec ditty, lee fones