Love is a trade.
When a man is landed up
with a woman of fortune,
to wed her, he is haste
lest some one should usurp.
When he has the upper hand
he is quick for her flesh,
With wedding not in card,
himself not in confidence.
Love is a trade
and is bought by fraud.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is a trade. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar