Love is a Complicated Thing, Isn't it?
Do you remember those moments together?
Those moments I wished would last forever?
Those moments with just you and me?
Being as happy as we should be?
Even when surrounded by others.
I realize now those moments are,
The happiest moments of my life thus far.
But, alas, those moments are gone.
And so are you.
I miss those days when we would talk,
And during lunch, we would walk,
If only for a little while,
It never ceased to make me smile.
Those days are only memories now,
Times have changed, and I don't know how
To live without you talking to me everyday,
Yet I seem to get by some way.
Oh we used to be so close,
And I had your heart.
Why did we drift so far apart?
And now we rarely ever speak,
Once or twice every other week.
I wish I was still in Chicago,
At least then we talked
All day, everyday that I was there,
Even though you were not.
But I won't give up hope.
That perhaps we will be close again.
I hope you read this,
For it's coming from the heart,
You are the one that I miss,
And you still have my heart.
And no matter the pain I feel,
I can't help but love you.
Love is a complicated thing,
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is a Complicated Thing, Isn't it? by Matt Reyes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...