Love is a Complicated Thing, Isn't it?
Do you remember those moments together?
Those moments I wished would last forever?
Those moments with just you and me?
Being as happy as we should be?
Even when surrounded by others.
I realize now those moments are,
The happiest moments of my life thus far.
But, alas, those moments are gone.
And so are you.
I miss those days when we would talk,
And during lunch, we would walk,
If only for a little while,
It never ceased to make me smile.
Those days are only memories now,
Times have changed, and I don't know how
To live without you talking to me everyday,
Yet I seem to get by some way.
Oh we used to be so close,
And I had your heart.
Why did we drift so far apart?
And now we rarely ever speak,
Once or twice every other week.
I wish I was still in Chicago,
At least then we talked
All day, everyday that I was there,
Even though you were not.
But I won't give up hope.
That perhaps we will be close again.
I hope you read this,
For it's coming from the heart,
You are the one that I miss,
And you still have my heart.
And no matter the pain I feel,
I can't help but love you.
Love is a complicated thing,
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is a Complicated Thing, Isn't it? by Matt Reyes )
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
- An Open Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.54, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.53, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.52, Monk E. Biz
- That Kid Is Me, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)