LOVE & FORGIVENESS
My love consumes me like the flame of a candle
In the window of my heart, soul and self-esteem.
When you’re annoyed with how I perform
I can’t sleep, be happy, succeed, or dream.
I’m lost, sad, fearful, distressed and alone
When shamed by my actions both present and past.
My passion for you means more than life itself
As I suffer remorse for my wrongs to the last.
I depend on prayer if you’re dissatisfied and upset
For God to lead me to recapture your rewarding smile.
Every day of our existence from birth to deliverance
Places our faith, love and forgiveness to the trial.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Comments about this poem (LOVE & FORGIVENESS by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Dr John Celes
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque
- After So Many Days You Called, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Strange!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life very quiet, hasmukh amathalal
- Good People are Going Away, Md. Ziaul Haque
- INSPIRED, ALLEN PHETOGO
- JESUS CHRIST, ALLEN PHETOGO
- FAITH, ALLEN PHETOGO
- Migrant wife, Birat Anupam