Love at last
Where were you
When I purposely builded
A wall of hatred,
All around my love life.
Hatred for ladies became my lifestyle.
Where were you
When my x treated me like trash,
The love I once knew illuminates lesser than a flash,
jehovah is my witness,
That love adventure exploaded my weakness.
Will I be faulted,
If I preach the non existence of love?
I'm enriched with undiluted elements of love,
How do I dole it out
If its receptors fails to reciprocate it?
I finally found love,
Oh! I wont let go,
My self aggrandizement and ego
I let go and will no longer acquire,
you are my heart desire.
Everyone had a past,
yours shouldn't be an exemption,
The past might be bitter or a sweet sensation,
lets leave that behind,
The scars of the past shall gradually be effaced.
Its been days since I met you,
Conclusions shouldn't be jumped at,
So says some school of thought,
This ray of love which you constantly beam on me,
If maintained, shall make u my bride
ali chukwuemeka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love at last by ali chukwuemeka )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi
- Check the dogs, gajanan mishra