Love at last
Where were you
When I purposely builded
A wall of hatred,
All around my love life.
Hatred for ladies became my lifestyle.
Where were you
When my x treated me like trash,
The love I once knew illuminates lesser than a flash,
jehovah is my witness,
That love adventure exploaded my weakness.
Will I be faulted,
If I preach the non existence of love?
I'm enriched with undiluted elements of love,
How do I dole it out
If its receptors fails to reciprocate it?
I finally found love,
Oh! I wont let go,
My self aggrandizement and ego
I let go and will no longer acquire,
you are my heart desire.
Everyone had a past,
yours shouldn't be an exemption,
The past might be bitter or a sweet sensation,
lets leave that behind,
The scars of the past shall gradually be effaced.
Its been days since I met you,
Conclusions shouldn't be jumped at,
So says some school of thought,
This ray of love which you constantly beam on me,
If maintained, shall make u my bride
ali chukwuemeka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love at last by ali chukwuemeka )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos
- JULEKALENDER # V, Gunnar Mo.
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI