Love at last
Where were you
When I purposely builded
A wall of hatred,
All around my love life.
Hatred for ladies became my lifestyle.
Where were you
When my x treated me like trash,
The love I once knew illuminates lesser than a flash,
jehovah is my witness,
That love adventure exploaded my weakness.
Will I be faulted,
If I preach the non existence of love?
I'm enriched with undiluted elements of love,
How do I dole it out
If its receptors fails to reciprocate it?
I finally found love,
Oh! I wont let go,
My self aggrandizement and ego
I let go and will no longer acquire,
you are my heart desire.
Everyone had a past,
yours shouldn't be an exemption,
The past might be bitter or a sweet sensation,
lets leave that behind,
The scars of the past shall gradually be effaced.
Its been days since I met you,
Conclusions shouldn't be jumped at,
So says some school of thought,
This ray of love which you constantly beam on me,
If maintained, shall make u my bride
ali chukwuemeka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love at last by ali chukwuemeka )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Father of a Diabetic Child, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Market Women: Lake Toba, Karen Swenson
- What Does A Woman Want, Karen Swenson
- Time is, Nassy Fesharaki
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT