Love And Deaths Battle
I found myself swirling in deaths eyes
When I heard your voice in a far distant cry
"Do not leave me; do not go away, I need you
Beside me, I need you to stay"
The current as strong as it pulled me down
But to your love - I was earth bound.
There is a story that you and I must write
Of how love grew wings, and then took to flight.
Battling the under currents that would pull me in
They say with death you cannot win.
The LORD had taken those chains from me
That I carried for so long- cause he knew with you
Was where I belonged, and as those chains fell to the ground
I heard a sweet and gentle sound
"You have been given this second chance
Because the both of you found true romance.
You have shown what it is to love from the
Depths of your heart, and that's why you're getting another start."
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love And Deaths Battle by louis rams )
- Love Above, Arno Le Roux
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
- Adaptation, maria sudibyo
- ব্যস্ততার অবসান, Yakub Ali
- Long Drought, maria sudibyo
- Rain Season Isn't Yet, maria sudibyo
- Paper Assignment, maria sudibyo
- 'RAMDAS KESAVADAS', the fraud, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- A Prayer, Holly Moon
- Benevolent Heart, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)