Love And Deaths Battle
I found myself swirling in deaths eyes
When I heard your voice in a far distant cry
"Do not leave me; do not go away, I need you
Beside me, I need you to stay"
The current as strong as it pulled me down
But to your love - I was earth bound.
There is a story that you and I must write
Of how love grew wings, and then took to flight.
Battling the under currents that would pull me in
They say with death you cannot win.
The LORD had taken those chains from me
That I carried for so long- cause he knew with you
Was where I belonged, and as those chains fell to the ground
I heard a sweet and gentle sound
"You have been given this second chance
Because the both of you found true romance.
You have shown what it is to love from the
Depths of your heart, and that's why you're getting another start."
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love And Deaths Battle by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The difference between you and I., Lauren Harper
- Aag Bun Kar Kisi Din Dehak Jao Na, Akhtar Jawad
- Life, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Soul of the soul of universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Day Of Introspection, Mohammad Siddiqui
- We are all beings of light, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Every breath I take, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Experience life, gajanan mishra
- For us, hasmukh amathalal
- It is nature, hasmukh amathalal