Love And Deaths Battle
I found myself swirling in deaths eyes
When I heard your voice in a far distant cry
"Do not leave me; do not go away, I need you
Beside me, I need you to stay"
The current as strong as it pulled me down
But to your love - I was earth bound.
There is a story that you and I must write
Of how love grew wings, and then took to flight.
Battling the under currents that would pull me in
They say with death you cannot win.
The LORD had taken those chains from me
That I carried for so long- cause he knew with you
Was where I belonged, and as those chains fell to the ground
I heard a sweet and gentle sound
"You have been given this second chance
Because the both of you found true romance.
You have shown what it is to love from the
Depths of your heart, and that's why you're getting another start."
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love And Deaths Battle by louis rams )
- E-rated poemier-heel out, Elvis Airohi
- The Keladi People, Ismim Putera
- 159. The Book of my Life, John Westlake
- Words were golden, hasmukh amathalal
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)