TELL me where is Fancy bred,
Or in the heart or in the head?
How begot, how nourished?
It is engender'd in the eyes,
With gazing fed; and Fancy dies
In the cradle where it lies.
Let us all ring Fancy's knell:
I'll begin it,--Ding, dong, bell.
All. Ding, dong, bell.
William Shakespeare's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: heart
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love by William Shakespeare )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra