Broken dams and fading memories
nights in blue with lights and sound....
somethings moving in the distance
kill it when it comes around....
Lock it out and down forever
keep your heart a crying stone
look forever while they think,
you think its fun to be alone....
Choking velvet, bitter laughter
watch and scream then bravely smile
Just remember somehow it will all be over in a while....
Dance it out in 'Tarantella'
let it out to keep your head
lock it up and burn it over....
Keep it quiet....
Keep it dead....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (love by courtney groth )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak