Broken dams and fading memories
nights in blue with lights and sound....
somethings moving in the distance
kill it when it comes around....
Lock it out and down forever
keep your heart a crying stone
look forever while they think,
you think its fun to be alone....
Choking velvet, bitter laughter
watch and scream then bravely smile
Just remember somehow it will all be over in a while....
Dance it out in 'Tarantella'
let it out to keep your head
lock it up and burn it over....
Keep it quiet....
Keep it dead....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (love by courtney groth )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)