Broken dams and fading memories
nights in blue with lights and sound....
somethings moving in the distance
kill it when it comes around....
Lock it out and down forever
keep your heart a crying stone
look forever while they think,
you think its fun to be alone....
Choking velvet, bitter laughter
watch and scream then bravely smile
Just remember somehow it will all be over in a while....
Dance it out in 'Tarantella'
let it out to keep your head
lock it up and burn it over....
Keep it quiet....
Keep it dead....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (love by courtney groth )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Gaius Valerius Catullus
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies