Linda Marie Van Tassell
Lithe and lovely, she rises through air
in vibrant splendor at break of day,
naked, with dawn’s flame twined in her hair,
dancing her petals in moist bouquet.
A light wind whispers between the trees.
Of love and beauty, it sweetly sings,
fluttering gently with rippled ease
to lift the heart on anointed wings.
He lusted and lay down upon her,
evoking the warmth of sweet embrace,
unfolding his heart, at once astir,
nestled beside her to kiss her face.
In swirls of light and burning desire,
the sky is a scarf of crepe de chine
embroidered with threads of saffron fire
draped by the wind over fields of green.
She opens her soul and fills with peace,
transcending the world on shafts of light;
and her petals of dress never cease
to rise from the depths that clasp her tight.
Eternity blooms in nirvana.
She is poised in peace: Padmasana.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lotus by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)