Linda Marie Van Tassell
Lithe and lovely, she rises through air
in vibrant splendor at break of day,
naked, with dawn’s flame twined in her hair,
dancing her petals in moist bouquet.
A light wind whispers between the trees.
Of love and beauty, it sweetly sings,
fluttering gently with rippled ease
to lift the heart on anointed wings.
He lusted and lay down upon her,
evoking the warmth of sweet embrace,
unfolding his heart, at once astir,
nestled beside her to kiss her face.
In swirls of light and burning desire,
the sky is a scarf of crepe de chine
embroidered with threads of saffron fire
draped by the wind over fields of green.
She opens her soul and fills with peace,
transcending the world on shafts of light;
and her petals of dress never cease
to rise from the depths that clasp her tight.
Eternity blooms in nirvana.
She is poised in peace: Padmasana.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lotus by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas
- An Oridnary Modern Girl Wearing A Rudrak.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan
- Give me the wisdom of old age, Gregory Kelley