RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Lost Regal Deserts
Staring out over a sea of skyscrapers, hoping to see
glimpses of our beautiful desert wasteland.
From this particular direction, other than grey and
brown buildings, all I can see is the sky above.
A vast light blue in every single direction without
a cloud in view, gives wonder and thought as I
contemplate a desert of my own doing within.
A desert I played in all the time as a child.
One, that in reality, city officials long ago
destroyed, because they prefer the color green to
rainbow colors of our desert decked out in regal
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Regal Deserts by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa