Is It Poetry
Lost Inside Your Bible
Before I was born, the moment I died, night replaced day.
Verily my brothers and you my sisters, to Mary cried.
Strange is this world in which even I, try to hide.
Upside down, none but one has ever tried.
Unto you by word of mouth, by mine this your rule of law.
While twisted tounges predisposed did in the dark rearranged,
all that was read unto them, I never said.
I behind you, have always walked,
I have never run while ahead of me, walks your shadow.
Back to the place before you were born I could hear,
the very thoughts, that I to you spoke of.
I know where you hide them,
even unborn children know, birds without wings can not fly.
For all of your mental hospitals,
jails and your heavily gaurded prisons.
These will be your next heaven,
for all of you, my sons and daughters.
To regress and never while knowing, try to evolve.
Why it is that you place your mother and father
instead of yourself, in harms way.
Where I have gone ahead,
that you looking back can not follow?
Questions to the answers I spoke of to you,
and why, no one listened.
Now look at the children of mine, you have slaughtered.
numb with sleep where ahead of me, you placed them.
Religion to see over blind science,
here some but for one, would not be.
Afraid of the dark,
here all alone all of this to you, I once promised.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Inside Your Bible by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns