Lost In Paradise
Not Even A Sliver.
A Cold Castle.
Here I Lay Unconscious.
Not Even Of The Ravens Wings, Flapping Through The Tree Outside.
A Stream Of Water Comes Flooding In.
Here I Lay Unconscious, And Slowly Drowning.
Not Even When I Know, I Will Soon Be Dead.
A Cold Wet Castle.
Here I Lay Unconsciously Drowning, And Ready To Die.
Not Even When I Know, I Will Be Dead Very Soon.
For I Have Accepted My Fate.
A Cold Flooded Castle.
Here I Float Unconsciously, At The Brink Of Death.
I Am Happy.
I Am Free.
A Freezing Water-Filled Castle.
Here I Float.
Lost In Paradise.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost In Paradise by Joseph Orton )
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Marital-Reciprocity, American-Style ......, Bri Edwards
- My Beloved Paula, Thomas Undertarn
- Much more (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)