Why do grown-ups,
Play childish games?
Behave like spoilt brats,
And call each other names?
We get into moods,
We act unhappy,
We hurt each other,
And get so snappy.
We don't forgive,
And we don't forget,
We don't say sorry,
And we don't regret.
We scold children,
When they behave this way,
We act condescending,
'Grow up, ' we say.
It's all because of the enemy,
Enemy Number One,
He makes us insecure,
And makes us act so dumb.
But when we lose a friendship,
We stand to lose so much,
A shoulder to cry on,
A needed gentle touch.
A true friend is not,
So difficult to keep,
True friends are forgiving,
They don't make each other weep.
They give each other chances,
And brush off the childish stuff,
They aren't sesnsitive,
When things get tough.
It's not in my nature,
To give up on a friend,
But the pain has to stop,
It really has to end.
Aisha Sherazi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Friendship by Aisha Sherazi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown
- Tantalizing, Kristen Brown
- Your Heart Be At Ease (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Rosewater (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Passion (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- My Note To Santa...Please Write A Letter.., Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- HIM, michael walkerjohn
- Yonder, Kristen Brown