I know you will think of me,
But in what sense, i dare not think.
For you, most folly had been my choice.
Perhaps, you will laugh when you think of this
And tell my tales to your sons.
A tranquile triumph of your youth.
But never-the-less, i bear my consolation in this
You will think of me in whatever way.
Beware then now my dear friend,
I may not hold you generously so.
I wish above all things,
To hold you nearer than anything
But it is not in me to mourn my loss,
For if you are gone, forever you are lost.
I will not think of you.
All that is you is dead to me
And buried with the memory of every loss.
This my friend, is no contempt,
For i do not count my loss
And you my dear, are the greatest of all.
Believe me dear friend,
My sadness is grave,
That you should be lost to me too soon,
And the substance of this fate,
A simple out come of your deed.
It is sad that you are dead,
And like all things lost to me,
I must bury you, my lost friend.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Friend by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal