For those who never knew me.
The time has passed so swiftly.
The years seem a blur to my weary mind.
To those who know the history.
The truth is not a mystery.
The illusion silently withered on vine.
My days are short in number.
Gone are the days of summer.
Lost is my chance once young and so brave.
Taste not the fruit of sorrow.
Live now not for tomorrow.
A bitter seed harvest sprouts weeds on the grave.
jack green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Chances by jack green )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman
- Wandering Lost Souls Homeless Outcasts, Terence G. Craddock
- one door, binod bastola
- Then and Now, John F. McCullagh
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle
- restored, Mandolyn ...
- Miley Cyrus Perceived as a Martyr, A.j. Binash
- love became living again, Mandolyn ...