I looked for you at dawn’s new sunrise,
Through sleepy hollows and moss covered trails.
I looked through the pile of long buried sorrows,
Searching yesterday for brighter tomorrows.
I waited atop the steep, emerald hill,
I lingered by the glassy lake where time stood still.
I looked for you and lost myself.
I lost the one running from the ruins,
The one who vowed to never let love come in.
I lost her by the riverside,
Where she buried her dignity and drowned her pride.
I waited and watched in a quiet cafe.
Lost track of time day after day.
I walked cobbled streets, chased an elusive shadow.
Wherever it turned in my dreams I would follow.
In a dark cathedral with centuries old chanting,
I searched for the times that were so enchanting.
I looked for you and found myself at last.
I found the one who was running from the past.
The one who saw life through a rainbow's prism.
A fallen victim of her own optimism.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Sometimes you succeed and find these in different forms, sometimes you face disappointments and hurts. Written 2013.
Comments about this poem (Lost by Valerie HutchinsonMorgan )
- The Best Thing, Gerry Legister
- Burn, Your Eyes, Josh Terpening
- In a Dark Dark Room on Halloween, Eve Carter
- Benefit Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Symbol Of Freedom, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Keeping Done A Decadence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
- Street Culture, Angela K Brown
- James Brown, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)